Stay tuned for a full episode of Shed the Bitch to get into the details of How to Write a Book on November 19th, expanded from this week’s Ask Bernadette episode.
For now, simply, Christina reached out and wanted to know what steps to take to write a book –
- Determine why you want to write it, i.e.
- Is it to become a bestseller
- Is it to inspire or educate
- Is it a business card
- Is it to make money
- Determine your writing style and approach –
- A loner
- Need a ghostwriter
- Need an editor or
- Accountability Coach
- Set a deadline and goals with metrics, etc.
- Write a summary of what the book is and about.
- Determine the title, styling, etc.. and keep it mind as you write
- Create an outline of what it is you want to say, i.e. stories, tips, lessons, experiences
- Work from the outline and begin to write, write and write…
- Market, market, market
- As you are writing then do research on packaging the book, publishing options, etc..
- Write, Read, Edit, Write, Read, Edit
- Have others read and edit
We will get deep into the details on November 19th on Shed the Bitch. If you have questions, feel free to call into the show at 1-818-572-2910.