A recent conversation with Christina, a fan and follower of Shed the Bitch, ignited by love for writing; including the writing process. She wanted to understand what it would take to write her personal story and I found myself eager to want to help. Afterall, she has one hell of a story and as i told her, she could enrich and save lives, many many lives.
Following our 90 minute discussion I realized there are many others just like Christina who has something to say that would inspire, educate and move people. So, it became a focus of our podcast today…. Write Your Story and Inspire Others.
Your RICHquestion – what story or expertise do you have that could inspire, educate and move someone?
We first took a look at the types and genres of writing you may want to do:
- Blogs, Tutorials/Courses, Ebooks, Books, Scripts
- Memoirs – yours or someone else’s
- Fiction – childrens books, art, horror, mystical, sci-fi, etc.
- Non-fiction – using your expertise – health, fitness, business, leadership, entreprenurship, marketing, etc.… a key event/history, science, etc.
I then walked through a series of steps you could take to turn your story into a powerful piece of writing:
- Determine WHY you want to write the book
- Determine your writing style and approach
- Set a deadline and goals with metrics for each stage of the book – summary, outline, manuscript, etc.
Listen to the EPISODE for all of the steps, tips and advice for turning your story into a goal from your dream and to a reality!!!
Past Radio Shows –
Shed the Mental Stigma Bitch – #STOPTHESTIGMA
Confront the Tough Conversations – death, depression, abuse, bullying, issues at work, relationships, etc….